Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Big Peace is now launched

The Big Peace is now launched: "

big peace bookIt was my BIG book launch last night. It didn’t start so well. I’d had a busy day and was running late and missed my train. So jumped in the car to get to the next few stations along (I’m not sure that trying to race the train was such a great idea!)


I got to the station to discover I’d left my purse at home. I didn’t have time to go back to the house so I begged the station guard to let me on the train for free. “It’s my book launch, I can’t miss it. You have to let me on.” As you can imagine, this got me nowhere. I was saved by a lovely older lady, who heard my pleas and she told me she’d give me the money to get into London. She gave me her address so I could post her the money and I gave her my Big Peace book as a gift to say thank you. As my train set off, I realised I’d left all my speech notes in the book.


Big Peace? No, not really. I was in pieces. But on the train, I pulled myself together and decided I would just have to speak from the heart versus from my notes. If anything, this incident made me stop and realise how kind strangers can be and how supported and lucky I really was.


marianne williamsonThe launch was amazing! We were hosted by the beautiful Nicole from Alchemy, this amazing little retreat in the middle of Camden. They have a brilliant menu of events (Marianne Williamson is speaking there next week) Check them out. A very special place.


My talk was very heartfelt, if not very polished. I was talking about how love really does make the world go round, about connection and the kindness of strangers; how creating the Big Peace in our lives is a moment by moment decision – deciding to operate from our most loving/wise/expanded place versus our mean-spirited/stressed out/contracted selves. And how you can bounce into The Big Peace (which lights up a different part of our brain) by thinking about people you love, appreciating and feeling grateful for what you have (a gratitude diary is scientifically proven to switch off the anxiety mechanism in your brain).


I was very grateful to Ann of Edenbridge who was kind to a stranger and allowed me to share my message.


I decided to send Ann some flowers this morning and was telling the florist the story and she gasped when I told her who it was – an old client of hers that she had lost contact with so she decided to deliver the flowers herself. ‘She’s a lovely lady,’ she told me. ‘It will be great to see her again.’


Then Ann left me a message on my mobile to say thank you for the flowers and she had given my book to a friend of hers she’d seen that evening who was struggling after losing her partner.


A random act of kindness from a stranger connected people, help me deliver a more heartfelt message and definitely created a little more gratitude support and love in this world.


May the force and The Big Peace be with you!


Thank you for everyone who came to my launch. I appreciate your support and your love.


Suzy x

"

No comments:

Post a Comment